Red Bric

You are here: Contact Us FAQ's


Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Party Wall Act?

If as part of your building you are planning to carry out work within 3 meters of a neighbor’s property, you will have to inform them of your intentions and obtain a 'party wall' agreement from them.

Will I have to arrange specific insurance during the building work?

It is normal for home insurance policies to exclude cover during the property's renovation or alteration works and not to provide cover on an unoccupied property. You will almost certainly need to arrange specialist "All Risks" renovation insurance to adequately cover the property for the duration of the building work. These policies cover the entire project including public liability, employers liability as well as legal expenses which is extremely useful if you have a contractual dispute. Don't just assume that the contractors insurance will cover you adequately.

What are Building Regulations?

Don't confuse Building Regulations with planning. The Building Regulations are there to ensure that buildings are made to a minimum quality standard for such things as structure, drainage, fire escape, ventilation, insulation etc. The regulations can sometimes seem unreasonable, but they are all there for valid reasons. Building regulation matters are generally handled by Building Control Officers in the Building Control Department of your local authority but alternative a private licensed inspector can be hired. Unlike planning, there is no committee and you should not have to endure a long wait for approvals.

What is a Dormer Window?

A dormer is a window is the type of window which is set vertically on a sloping roof. The dormer has its own roof, which may be flat, pointed or arched.

Which areas do you serve?

We work in and around the surrounding areas of Leicestershire, if you are unsure please feel free to contact us for more information.

Are You A Registered Company?

Yes we trade as Red Bric Ltd and are fully registered with companies house. Our company number is 7460218

Are You Vat Registered?

Yes Our Vat Registration number is 109 5890 90

How much do your services cost?

Our aim is to provide a service beyond recognition. Our prices will vary depending on the work you require doing, but we beat most competitors, leaving our clients with a happy home and a happy wallet.

Do your charges include materials?

We will provide building materials. We also incorporate a 'you buy- we fit' policy which means you get to choose and buy items to suit your taste and budget and then the rest is simply down to us. Please feel free to contact us for more information regarding this service or any other enquiry.

How long will I have to wait for you to attend?

We arrange appointments to suit your needs as is reasonable, we try to put high priority jobs first but yet we still intend on getting to you within 24 - 48 hours of contact.<

Are You Insured?

Most definitely YES! for your peace of mind we carry £5m of Public Liability Insurance.

Are you an emergency service?

Yes, we offer an emergency electrical & plumbing service along with general emergency repairs such as board ups etc.

What hours do you work?

We will work to suit our clients needs. Generally we work normal hours.
We will also work weekends if we need to. We appreciate that you may require work to be done in the evenings or even at night. If that is the case we will always try to accommodate you.

What size of job do you deal with?

We deal with any size job from the smallest of minor jobs to major renovation works.

Are you GAS SAFE registered and carry out work on gas appliances?

We as a company are not, but the sub contractors we use are. We will arrange everything for you and our contractor will issue you with a safety certificate.

Do you carry out work in offices and commercial premises & Industrial premises?

YES! we carry out work in Industrial premises, commercial premises, domestic premises, offices or an institutional environment. Contact us for your needs.

I'm a business, can Red Bric invoice us?

YES! we can set you up on a 30 day invoicing system subject to terms and conditions.

What are Your Payment Methods?

We accept Cash, Cheque (Payable to Red Bric Ltd, BACS. Please contact us for details of bank details for payment transfers.